Canadian Limited Consumer Warranty for Onkyo products
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE AS YOU WILL NEED TO PRESENT IT SHOULD YOU REQUIRE SERVICE UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
Gentec International (hereinafter referred to as “GENTEC”) hereby warrants all Onkyo brand products (“Products”) PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM GENTEC OR AN INDEPENDENT GENTEC AUTHORIZED DEALER, in accordance with the following terms and conditions for the periods indicated. During the “Labor” Limited Warranty period there will be no charge for covered labor charges performed by a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center. During the “Parts” Limited Warranty period, there will be no charge for replacement parts installed by a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center.
This LIMITED WARRANTY shall be valid from October 1, 2020, and shall apply to Products sold after that date. GENTEC may amend the terms of this LIMITED WARRANTY and its clauses, or applications from time to time without notice; however, any such changes shall only apply to Products purchased after the effective date of change. To obtain a copy of the GENTEC Limited Warranty in effect on the date that you purchased your Product, please contact GENTEC INTERNATIONAL in writing by mail at; 90 Royal Crest, Markham, On, L3R 9X6 Attn: Warranty Department, or at email@example.com
Gentec at its sole discretion will consider providing warranty for products sold by previous distributors.
WARNING: IF YOU PURCHASE A Pioneer PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED INTERNET DEALER, YOUR ONKYO WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VALID.
Warranty Duration in Canada
Receivers – 2 Years Parts & Labour
RZ Series Receivers – 3 Years Parts & Labour
DVD Players – 2 Years Parts & Labour
CD Players – 1 Year Parts & Labour
Amplifier – 2 Years Parts & Labour
Home Theatre Systems – 2 Years Parts & Labour
Soundbar Systems – 2 Years Parts & Labour
Personal Audio Systems – 1 Year Parts & Labour
Tuners – 2 Years Parts & Labour
Turntables – 1 Year Parts & Labour
Speakers – 2 Years Parts & Labour
Processors – 2 Year Parts & Labour
Accessories & Speaker Stands – 1 Year Parts & Labour
DX-C390 – 1 Year Parts & Labour
This Limited Warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and is subject to the Exclusions set forth below. Commencing with the date of original consumer purchase and continuing for the respective periods specified above, GENTEC agrees to repair, or replace, at GENTEC’s sole expense, all ONKYO brand Products purchased directly from GENTEC or from an Independent GENTEC Authorized Dealer, which are defective in material or workmanship during ordinary consumer use. A dated purchase receipt or other proof of the original purchase date is required for Warranty service. Repairs may be completed using new or refurbished parts that meet or exceed ONKYO specifications for new parts. GENTEC, at its sole discretion, through an GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center repair or replace a product with a refurbished or reconditioned unit having comparable features and a limited consumer warranty or refund the original purchase price. This Limited Warranty ONLY COVERS failure due to defects in original materials or workmanship. It DOES NOT COVER normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage, commercial use (such as in a hotel, office, restaurant, or other business), rental use of the product or any of the matters listed below under EXCLUSIONS.
IF YOU PURCHASE AN ONKYO PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED DEALER, YOUR ONKYO WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VALID, please use our authorized dealer locator.
GENTEC cannot and does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product or any service or station available through the use of the Product. Performance of the Product can be affected by many factors outside the control of GENTEC, including, but not limited to system configuration, software, applications, your internet access, data download and upload speeds, third party services for which subscriptions are required, distance from broadcasters, signal strength, and data and operator control of the system, among other factors. Though the product is considered to be compatible with equipment provided by other manufacturers, it is the user’s responsibility to determine compatibility and integration with other products, services or systems.
This Warranty does not apply with respect to any of the following:
- Defects or damage caused by accident, fire, smoke, flood, water damage, power surge (or related electrical abnormalities), lightning or other acts of nature.
- Defects or damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized product modification or service, or failure to observe the instructions contained in the manual furnished at the time of original purchase.
- Deterioration or failure due to or arising because of exposure to corrosive atmosphere, including but not limited to; smoke, high humidity or extreme temperature.
- Damage caused during shipment or handling.
- Products purchased from anyone other than GENTEC or an Independent GENTEC Authorized Dealer. If you are uncertain as to whether a dealer is authorized, please contact GENTEC’s Customer Relations Department or check the Dealer and Service Locator.
- Products that have had their serial numbers or rating labels altered or removed.
- Products purchased in “AS IS” condition or sold or noted as “DEMO” or “DISPLAY”.
- Products that have been altered or repaired by anyone other than GENTEC or a GENTEC independent authorized service station in a manner that has affected their performance, interoperability, stability or reliability.
- Products whose software, firmware or other operating systems have been modified or altered other than via an ONKYO provided download or by a GENTEC independent authorized service center in accordance with ONKYO provided software, firmware or other operating system upgrade or update.
- Accessories attached to or to be used with Onkyo products, such as antennas, batteries, cables, cable boxes, signal converters, etc.
- Any product attached to or used with the ONKYO Product.
- Packing materials and cosmetic items.
- Parts which have prescribed useful lives dependent upon the degree of their use, such as styli, cassette heads, idler wheels, batteries, etc.
- Damage attributable to battery leakage.
- Installation and removal of Products, setup, adjustments or signal reception issues.
- Maintenance, cleaning or periodic check-ups.
- Adjustments or alterations required for compatibility with conditions pertaining to foreign countries.
PARTS AND SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY COSTS OF OR RELATING TO ANY ON-SITE SERVICE CALL, WHERE APPLICABLE) WHICH ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Obtaining Warranty Service
To obtain warranty service, take or ship your ONKYO Product to a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center, together with a note describing your complaint and your copy of the dated purchase receipt. Repairs are not performed at our headquarters; all repairs must be performed by our GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Centers. For a list of GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Centers please go to; www.gentec-intl.com, under, Support or call GENTEC-INTL at 905-513-7733 for the location of a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center. Please also include in any mailing; a contact name, address and email address or telephone number. If you choose to ship your ONKYO product to a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center, all shipping arrangements must be made by you and all shipping charges and insurance must be fully prepaid. Any ONKYO product shipped in its entirety must be properly packaged to avoid shipping damage. Any shipping damage incurred as a result of improper or insufficient packaging will be the responsibility of the shipper. GENTEC will pay all return shipping charges for ONKYO products that have been serviced under this warranty. Any service or repair for items not covered by this limited warranty shall be at the Authorized Independent Service Center’s rates and terms then in effect. Contact a GENTEC Authorized Independent Service Center for details.
Gentec International makes this warranty subject to the following limitations:
- This limited Warranty is valid only within Canada.
- This limited Warranty is valid only for Products purchased in and for use in Canada
- To be covered by this warranty the ONKYO product concerned must have been purchased directly from GENTEC or directly from an Independent GENTEC Authorized Dealer and the person seeking warranty service must reside in one of the Provinces or Territories within Canada. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone.
- GENTEC SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GENTEC UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE ONKYO PRODUCTS BY GENTEC OR ITS AUTHORIZED INDEPENDENT SERVICE CENTERS.
- This warranty is valid only with respect to repairs affected by GENTEC or a GENTEC authorized independent service center
- ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN CONTAINED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE.
CONSUMER PROTECTION NOTICE: Some Provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some Provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from Province to Province. The Limitations on this Warranty are intended to be only as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and the laws of your Province of residence. If you are a Quebec consumer, the Limitations on this Warranty are intended to be only as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province of Quebec. GENTEC reserves all rights, defenses and permissible limitations under the law of your Province of residence.