Agreement to extend DTS Play-Fi technology across product lines worldwide; DTS Play-Fi also announces support for wireless surround functionality and integration of European music service Qobuz
Berlin, September 2nd, 2016. DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a global leader in high-definition audio solutions, has announced Pioneer and Onkyo as its newest hardware partners in the DTS Play-Fi® whole-home wireless audio ecosystem. Both brands will upgrade select 2016 soundbars, AVRs, lifestyle products, and home theaters-in-a-box with DTS Play-Fi technology via future firmware updates. DTS Play-Fi integration will expand into their 2017 models, as well as additional product categories in 2017. Company executives will be available to discuss this news and provide demos at IFA 2016 in Berlin, Sept. 2-7, at Reseller Park (Hall 25), Room 31.
DTS Play-Fi technology provides listeners the freedom and flexibility to stream their music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktop PCs over an existing home Wi-Fi network to any number of speakers throughout the home. DTS Play-Fi is a platform that allows products from different brands and manufacturers to interoperate seamlessly, giving consumers an optimized whole-home streaming experience without the constraints of a single brand system. The innovative technology enables wireless audio streaming from the world’s most popular music services, Internet radio stations and personal music libraries on any supported product.
“We are proud to announce that Pioneer and Onkyo are the latest brands to join DTS Play-Fi, the world’s largest ecosystem of premium wireless audio products,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president, DTS, and president DTS Asia Pacific. “DTS is committed to providing listeners with the most flexibility and choice of products when it comes to their wireless home audio system, and this expansion further increases the Play-Fi ecosystem’s industry-leading selection of audio products.”
“I’m very pleased to announce that we start adopting DTS Play-Fi technology to Pioneer and Onkyo products today” said Nobuaki Okuda, Director and CTO, Onkyo Corporation and President, Onkyo and Pioneer Technology Corporation. “We will keep expanding implementation of the technology to a broader range of our products to meet global customers’ demand to deliver a great entertainment experience.”
Wireless Surround Sound and Qobuz Music Service
DTS Play-Fi continues to revolutionize the industry with the introduction of wireless surround technology to provide an immersive home theater environment with discrete 5.1 surround sound, which will begin rollout in late September.
Qobuz is the latest music service to join DTS Play-Fi’s constantly growing collection of top services. Qobuz is dedicated to delivering a premium listening experience to its users, and features a library of more than 30 million titles in true CD quality and “À lca carte” Download on more than 45,000 albums in Hi-Res 24-Bit, showing its dedication to delivering premium sound to its listeners. Qobuz joins a roster including Amazon Prime Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, KKBox, Napster, QQ Music, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify and Tidal, thousands of Internet radio stations, as well as listeners’ personal music libraries.*
Benefits of DTS Play-Fi Technology
* Multi-Room, Multi-Zone, Multi-User Listening Experience: Connect multiple audio systems that incorporate Play-Fi into a zone and enjoy music in every room of your home, perfectly synchronized with no lag. Or create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device. Play-Fi technology makes it possible for every user in the home to simultaneously stream from different devices and PCs that incorporate the Play-Fi software.
* Exceptional Sound Experience: Play-Fi wirelessly transmits high-quality lossless audio.
* Whole-Home Range: Play-Fi works everywhere your Wi-Fi does, even if range extenders are used. It also works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking technologies. There is no need for proprietary bridges or routers. Most homes already have everything that is needed.
* Stream Anything. Control Everything: In addition to streaming music services, users can download Play-Fi apps for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire to gain access to more than 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services. Set-up, link and control all of the speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.
* Audio/Video Synchronization with Windows PCs: DTS Play-Fi supports true audio/visual synchronization when streaming audio from YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or any other video source to a DTS Play-Fi speaker from a Microsoft Windows PC. DTS Play-Fi is the only multi-room streaming platform to offer lip-sync accurate synchronization with a video source, and the only whole-home platform with operating system-level integration compatible with every application and streaming service. The A/V sync feature is available for existing and new purchasers of the premium DTS Play-Fi HD Driver ($14.95). Additionally, all DTS Play-Fi Windows software supports Windows 10.*
* Enhanced Play-Fi App: The DTS Play-Fi mobile apps have been significantly enhanced with a brand new design and clean, bright user interface. Users will have streamlined access to basic and advanced controls, a new “switch” feature to easily transfer music from one speaker to another, and built-in coaching points and help throughout the app.
For more information about DTS Play-Fi®, please visit www.play-fi.com .